Student Aide Application Form
For one semester, child life student aides will provide developmentally appropriate play opportunities to patients, at the bedside and in the playroom, under the supervision of a Certified Child Life Specialist. Student aides will also be responsible for managing and cleaning play materials, choosing developmentally appropriate toys and activities, and reporting to a Certified Child Life Specialist. Student aides will be required to complete 50 hours over the course of one semester. The position is unpaid but students will receive credit for volunteer hours.
- Be a current undergraduate or graduate student
- Have completed a minimum of one college level course in child development
- Commit to completing 50 hours over the course of one semester
- Commit to completing a minimum of one 4-hour shift per week
- Have reliable transportation and/or the ability to pay for parking in the hospital garage
- Complete all necessary paperwork required by Upstate Medical University for student placement, including health paperwork and clearance
- Complete Student Aide orientation
Please note, application is not a guarantee of acceptance. Due to the expectation that we provide students with quality supervision, a limited number of students are accepted per semester. Should you have any questions, please contact the Student Placement Coordinator.