The core didactic portion of our program includes online and live lectures series, interactive conferences and rounds, Journal Club, specialty workshops, and resident reports and presentations.
- Our weekly interactive conference series is divided into approximately one-month blocks by subject area. Conferences are usually case based and are designed to cover the topics for the certifying exam. Conferences are held during protected time on Thursday mornings from 8 AM to noon.
- Pediatric Grand Rounds are held weekly on Wednesdays at 8:00 AM from September to June. The presentations provide relevant in-depth review of important pediatric clinical and research related topics and are followed by an interactive discussion between the speaker and audience.
- Resident presentations are required and allow the resident to conduct research in their areas of interest and assert their professionalism in the field.
- Club Med Journal Club is our twice-monthly evidence-based medicine (EBM) journal club. This innovative program integrates a traditional journal club format with the didactic teaching of EBM principles.
- PL-3 Board Review. The program purchases an online board review question bank for all PL-3s to use during their final year of training. Interaction with the question bank is monitored by the program, and residents are encouraged to use it regularly as a tool to help them prepare for their board certification exam after graduation.
Resident and faculty innovation fuel several unique opportunities to continue your education outside the lecture hall:
- Teaching Skills for House staff is a quarterly seminar series that offers residents the skills to improve their teaching abilities. The series covers such areas as: supervising medical students, effective teaching styles, leading interactive conferences, teaching at the bedside, giving feedback, preparing presentations, encouraging critical thinking, evaluating students and serving as a role model.
- Mock Codes
- QI/PS Series
- Summer Advocacy Series
- Noon Conference
- New Simulation Center - Take a virtual tour
- SIM Days