Additional Teaching Skills Resources
Teaching Resources for Residents and Faculty
Residents and Faculty are expected to be familiar with:
- The Educational Program Graduation Competencies and Objectives for medical student education in the College of Medicine.
- The learning objectives in the clerkship in which they teach and supervise students, including the appropriate educational activities supporting those objectives and the methods of assessing student performance.
- Student policies regarding mistreatment and professionalism and methods for reporting institutional or departmental student mistreatment.
- Methods of feedback and evaluation, including the common clerkship evaluation form.
- Clerkship Final Evaluation Form
- Clerkship Evaluation Form Behavioral Anchors
- PRIME Plus rubric
Our goal is to empower excellence in teaching for all residents and faculty. This includes providing support for needed teaching skills:
- Establishing a positive learning environment
- Clarity in communicating expectations for course objectives
- Delivery of educational content
- Curriculum design (Edtalks@Upstate)
- Evaluation of learners
- Provision of constructive feedback
- Role modeling of professionalism to foster a culture of mutual respect, regard and support for each member of the healthcare and education teams and their patients
SUNY Upstate Internal Resources
- Upstate's collection of resources for medical education
- Academy of Upstate Educators
- Upstate's Career Development Resources
- Faculty Development Bb: All faculty are enrolled and after signing in to Bb, click on left link folder: Education 601.
- Educational Communications: Ed Comm's services include the support of student computing, video conferencing, PC training, photography, audio-visual services, medical illustration, graphic design, multimedia production, video technologies, and audio-visual systems.
- We recommend these sites to help you in your teaching experience.