Rural Residency Track
The Auburn Community Hospital Rural Residency Training track is a 1+2 residency program based out of the SUNY Upstate Family Medicine Program. This offers a rare opportunity to have both training at a large medical campus in the city of Syracuse and a true rural training experience in Auburn, NY, located 40 minutes to the west.
The core program is based at SUNY Upstate in Syracuse with 18 residents (6-6-6) currently training. The Rural training program with Auburn Community Hospital will have 2 residents per year (2-2-2), with the first year being mainly in Syracuse and the rest primarily in Auburn. Residents will experience a wealth of training and experiences in Family Medicine, in-patient medicine, OB/GYN, addiction medicine, trauma care in emergency departments and many more. The residents will also rotate at Syracuse VA Medical Center for some of their rotations.
- Full spectrum family medicine
- Best of both the worlds: First-year core training at two highly regarded academic institutions followed by immersion in rural medicine at a 99-bed rural hospital with state-of-the-art facilities in the Finger Lakes.
- Opportunity to pioneer a new residency program
- Longitudinal Curriculum in PGY2 and PGY3 to support adult learning in In-patient Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Geriatrics, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical and Surgical Subspecialities
- Participation with rural county health department to understand policies and issues within the community
- Immersion in Addiction Medicine, Quality and Safety, Whole Health, Public Health Leadership and behavioral health
- Multitude of options for post-residency employment within the Central New York region