How to Apply
All applicants must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Services (ERAS). Selection of residents is determined through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
How to Apply to the Rural Track
Interviews for the 2024-2025 academic year will take place on WebEx. They will begin in November 2023 and run through January 2024.
Program Name: SUNY Upstate Medical University Program
Program Code: 1516120C0
ERAS website for US and Canadian applicants:
ECFMG-ERAS program website for foreign medical graduates:
The Upstate Medical University Family Medicine Residency Program is looking for well-rounded applicants that can demonstrate a commitment not only to clinical excellence but also to scholastic inquiry, leadership and research. Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Your application must include:
- USMLE scores
- U.S. clinical experience, if applicable
- Dean’s Letter
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
In addition, the following must be met.
- Graduation from medical school with continued primary care experience during any intervening years is required.
- International medical school graduate please note – we require ECFMG certification or eligibility to include passing Steps 1 and 2 CS & CK of the USMLE. This is a NRMP requirement for match participation.
- Three letters of recommendation in addition to the MSPE (Dean's letter). Applicants with previous residency experience should include a letter from th e residency program director.
- We are able to support only J1 visas.
Each year, there are 6 residency positions. We are accepting applications only for PGY1 year.
To address any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or call (315)-492-3429.