School Nurse Diabetes Teaching Day
Diabetes is surging in children and school nurses are increasingly likely to encounter this among their students.
Join us live online Thursday, October 20th from 4:00 - 5:00pm to engage with Joslin staff who will discuss basic diabetes care and new technological advancements. Joslin providers will be available to answer any questions school nurses may have in real time.
Or call Upstate Connect at 315-464-8668 to register over the phone.
Prior to the meeting, please check out our recorded resources shown below and bring your questions to this special event specifically for school nurses.
- Pathophysiology of Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes - Dr. Roberto Izquierdo
- Language of Diabetes - Katie Fredenburg, BS, RN, CDCES
- Supervision and Monitoring - Destiny Jett, PA
- Differences in Insulin Algorithms - Amanda Zuccaro, BSN, RN, DCES
- Hypoglycemia - Ann-Marie Sanders, MSN, RN, DCES
- Hyperglycemia and Ketones - Janine Robbins, BSN, RN, DCES
- Carbohydrate Counting - Pamela Blackmer, RD, CDCES
- CGM and Insulin Pumps - Dr. David Hansen