- Upstate's IRB website with forms, resources, etc.
PLEASE NOTE: The IRB converted to an all electronic submission and review system. Please check their pages frequently so that you are following appropriate procedures for project approvals. The IRB requires review of all projects including those considered "exempt".
- Upstate's Research Administration
If you are doing a funded project, this is the office that will help you through the process. This group is also responsible for electronic grant submission.
- Research project related forms including HIPAA forms needed for clearance to work with patient level data may all be found through the IRB forms page.
The following links will take you away from the Upstate website. Please use your back button to return.
- The Research Foundation of the State University of New York
Funded projects are conducted through the Research Foundation. The Research Foundation also assists in technology transfer and in intellectual rights protection for inventions.
- Oxford Center for Evidence Based Medicine (EBM)
This link takes you to the Oxford Center for Evidence Based Medicine. This is the main international center. The site includes a variety of information resources as well as useful EBM tools.
- Johns Hopkins WelchWeb
This is a link to the Johns Hopkins University Evidence Based Medicine list of web sites. The sites are sorted by ranking and a variety of other useful categories. A great composite site.
- Medline Ovid Syntax Strategies
This McMaster site offers a variety of serach strategies you can employ that are sorted by those that balance sensitivity and specificity for categories of searching (therapy, diagnosis, prognosis, etc.)
- Clinical Reader A nice beta site for 'one-source' searching. Even includes an iPhone app. There is a specific section for Emergency Medicine.
- Colorado State University's Writing tools site has excellent sections on various types of writing including how to prepare posters and other scientific papers. http://writing.colostate.edu/index.cfm
- Need a quick analysis done? See this great List of web pages that perform statistical calculations.