Life Support Classes
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
The protocols and Guidelines by AHA have changed this year, which means new written tests.
In an effort to keep everyone safe, we will:
- Continue to maintain social distancing (class size of 12 people)
- Minimize congregating in breakout rooms and total class time
- Provide gloves and hand sanitizer
- Use a Hybrid format - AHA video learning that allows for us to focus with you for the hands-on skills. The video learning can take up to 4 hours.
We look forward to working with you on your ACLS and PALS certifications in 2021. See you soon.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support - Provider Training
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support - Refresher Training
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support - Provider Training
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support - Refresher Training
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - INSTRUCTOR TRAINING
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) - INSTRUCTOR TRAINING
- AHA (ACLS/PALS/BLS) Instructor Class Registration - Next Class - April 16, 2021
Advanced Hazmat Life Support
Advanced Hazmat Life Support is sponsored by the Department of Emergency Medicine, and the Upstate New York Poison Center, SUNY Upstate Medical University. This course is co-sponsored by the Arizona Emergency Medicine Center and the American Academy of Toxicology.
Click on a question to view the answer.
Lost your AHA ACLS or PALS completiong card?
To locate your ACLS or PALS eCard that has been issued to you from SUNY Upstate Medical University Department of Emergency Medicine, please click on this link to access your e-card. This link is only applicable for those who have already claimed their e-card and need to locate a copy. If you were issued an e-card from SUNY Upstate and never claimed it, please send an e-mail request to email@example.com
How long is my ACLS or PALS card good for?
ACLS & PALS Provider cards are valid for two years.
How do I know If I should take a Provider or Refresher Course?
- Anyone who has never taken an ACLS or PALS course would be required to take the Provider course.
- If your ACLS or PALS card is current, you should take a Refresher class prior to the recommended renewal date as indicated on your card.
- If you were previously certified but your card is more than two months past the expiration date, you would be required to take the Provider course.
Who will teach the classes?
American Heart Association (AHA) certified ACLS & PALS Instructors who are experienced emergency or critical care clinicians, RNs, PAs, and other health care professionals.
Where are the classes held?
ACLS and PALS classes are held at Upstate's EM-STAT Center located at 550 East Genesee Street. Syracuse, New York. Conveniently located to downtown and University Hospital.
I completed a class- How do I access my American Heart Association eCard?