Advanced Hazmat Life Support (AHLS)
Contact: Rose More or Stan Goettel
Phone: 315 464-4851
October 22-23, 2020
Christine Stork-Medics, PharmD, DABAT, FAACT
Michael Hodgeman, MD
This course is a 16 hour, 2-day course designed for Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Toxicologists, Paramedics, Pharmacists, Military Personnel and Other Healthcare professionals.
At the conclusions of these courses, each participant should be able to:
- Demonstrate rapid assessment of hazmat patients
- Recognize toxic syndromes (toxidromes)
- Demonstrate ability to medically manage hazmat patients
- Apply the poisoning treatment paradigm
- Identify and administer specific antidotes
Sponsored by the Department of Emergency Medicine, and the Upstate New York Poison Center, SUNY Upstate Medical University. Co-sponsored by the Arizona Emergency Medicine Center and the American Academy of Toxicology.