Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS): Instructor Training
Jennifer Campoli, DO
If you are interested in taking an Instructor class, please contact Rose More:
The Instructor course provides the instructional knowledge base needed to teach Advanced Cardiac Life Support Courses. The Course fee includes the Instructor manual.
This Instructor Course is for those persons who wish to teach the American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) classes. Upon successful completion of the course and the succeeding student teaching requirements, the Instructor Candidate will obtain an American Heart Association ACLS instructor card. Instructor Candidates will be able to teach ACLS/PALS courses using the video and lesson maps that are part of the appropriate ACLS/PALS course instructor materials.
American Heart Association Instructor Essential On-Line Program
The AHA’s Instructor Essentials courses are online, self-directed, discipline-specific courses that include information needed to teach classroom courses and conduct skills practice and skills testing sessions for eLearning courses associated with each discipline. Completion of the AHA Instructor Essentials Course is a required step to become an AHA Instructor.
Before taking this course, candidates must have a current course completion card for the provider course that they wish to teach. They must also have aligned with an AHA Training Center that is accepting new Instructors for that discipline.
ACLS Instructor Internship:
Instructor Candidates will be required to complete two student teaching sessions under the supervision of an EMSTAT Training Center Faculty Member. Student teaching must be completed within 3 months of the initial Instructor class. Candidates may require additional sessions as determined by Training Center Faculty and the Training Center Coordinator.
The steps for becoming an AHA Instructor are:
- Be accepted by an AHA Training Center prior to enrolling in an Instructor Course and completed an Instructor Candidate Application form to file with that Training Center
- Have a current AHA provider status in the discipline for that Instructor Course and be proficient in all the skills of that discipline
- Successfully complete the discipline-specific Instructor Essentials Online course and print the certificate of completion
- Successfully complete the discipline-specific classroom Instructor Course
- Successfully complete being monitored at two teaching sessions course within three months of completing the discipline-specific classroom Instructor Course (Training Center Coordinators can require additional monitoring if needed)
- All Instructors must be registered and confirmed (aligned) on the AHA Instructor Network. Aligning on the AHA Instructor Network will allow the Instructor to obtain and use the Instructor ID# that is required on all course completion cards, as well as critical tools and information needed to conduct courses
Once you have registered, all the appropriate information will be sent to you to complete