Video Media Management
Upstate Media Management is now with Kaltura! In this difficult time, when we depend on recorded and streaming video more than ever, we have migrated our media management system to the Kaltura platform to improve your experience, provide more features and look toward the future.
April 1, 2020
Note for those who experienced difficulty accessing Kaltura: Kaltura was experiencing intermittent technical issues on March 30 and 31. These issues have been corrected. Operational status is now restored. Please be patient as we start up our new services.
- All Upstate users now have access to Upstate Kaltura.
- There are two ways to access media in Kaltura:
- If your course coordinator or professor has enabled media in Blackboard, you may have a “media gallery” available to you there.
- Kaltura’s MediaSpace will host all of Upstate’s media. We are in the process of populating MediaSpace with videos and the proper rights to view them. We hope to complete this process by April 6. In the meantime, if you have a specific need, please let us know.
- You may access Upstate’s Kaltura MediaSpace by going to:
- When prompted initially, choose INTERNAL user
- Use your full email address and Upstate password to sign in
Why the change?
- We outgrew the VBrick platform
- Kaltura offers us more storage and bandwidth capabilities to improve our ability to serve you and our community during this time of need for better online resources.
- Kaltura offers us a deep integration into Blackboard.
- It will take a short time for us to implement this integration, but ultimately, it offers us incredible user-friendliness, and some new, exciting teaching tools.
- There are many higher education users of Kaltura: more opportunity for collaboration.
- IMT-Educational Communications
email: Rita Rowe, Administrative Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org