Diversity and Inclusion at Upstate
Employers with diverse employees get fresh ideas and different perspectives. The leadership at SUNY Upstate Medical University promotes and supports a diverse workforce.
SUNY Upstate Medical University maintains Affirmative Action Programs, which assist in achieving diversity, preventing discrimination, and ensuring equal employment opportunity.
Diversity: "Any collective mixture characterized by differences, similarities, and related tensions.
— Dr. Roosevelt Thomas
What We Do
- Compliance with laws and regulations
- Monitoring Documentation of Search
- Developing Annual Affirmative Action Plans for:
- NY State
- Research Foundation
- Diversity Recruitment Assistance to Departments
- Investigating and Resolving Allegations of Discrimination
- Training and Education
- Diversity Initiatives and Program Development
- Policy Development
- Community Engagement