Since its inception in 1997, the Center for Vision Research (CVR) has been very productive in applying for and receiving grants from a wide-range of institutions. Grant funding is highly competitive and continues to be more so during this time of economic uncertainty. These grant funds have allowed the CVR's investigators to work towards finding the causes and cures for numerous blinding diseases.
With more than $20.2 million in grant income awarded to CVR scientists since 1997, the CVR is the undisputed leader on the Syracuse campus for research in general and on all four SUNY campuses for research in blinding disorders.
Below is a list of some of the granting institutions that have supported the CVR.
(links with leave the CVR website)
- ARVO Travel Grant
- Burroughs Welcome Fund
- E. Matilda Ziegler Foundation for the Blind
- Fight for Sight Inc.
- Hendrick’s Fund
- Karl Kirchgessner Foundation
- NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- National Eye Institute
- National Institutes of Health
- National Institute of Mental Health
- National Science Foundation
- Research to Prevent Blindness