Resources and Screenings
Worried about yourself?
- Free, anonymous online screeningsfor depression, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, and eating disorders
- Information about gambling, including free, anonymous screening and help for gambling problems
- Information and screening for problems related to sexual compulsivity
Want to learn more about mental health and treatment?
- Ask Alice
- Mental Health and Drug Information
- DUKE Diagnosis
- Read More
The Centre for Clinical Interventionsprovides detailed information about a variety of mental health topics, including coping with depression, panic attacks and perfectionism.
Upstate's Student Counseling Service offers this videoon recognizing and responding to anxiety in your own patients.
For information on . . .
If you or someone you know is at immediate risk of self-harm, call 911, University Police at 315-464-4000, Contact’s 24-hour hotline at 315-251-0600 or text START to the Crisis Text Line at 741-741
- Comprehensive information about substance abuse/dependence, risk factors, and treatment from the Mayo Clinic
- Information and self-screeningfrom The National Council on Alcohol and Drug Dependence
- Alcoholics AnonymousandNarcotics Anonymousoffer confidential, peer-led support groups for individuals struggling with substance abuse.
Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence
- Vera Houseprovides local crisis intervention, counseling, advocacy, and support services. Call the 24-hour crisis/support line at (315) 468-3260 or visit
- RAINNprovides education and confidential, 24-hour support for survivors of sexual assault or abuse via online chat supportor phone 1-800-656-HOPE
- Love Is Respectoffers information about healthy relationships and 24/7 online or phone support if you’re in crisis. Call 1-866-331-9474 or text loveis to 22522.
Eating and Body Image
Insomnia / Sleep Hygiene
Self-Care and Wellness
- Sign up for a daily wellness-related tipor browse information about wellnessfrom the Cleveland Clinic.
- Pathways to Wellnessprovides programming, education, and resources to students and employees of Upstate to promote a culture of health and wellness. Contact Upstate's Wellness Coordinator, Suzanne Brisk, MS, CWP (464-4260), for more information.
- AAMC Medical Student Well-being Webpage
- List of top web-based and app resources for stress management, meditation, and mindfulness