[Skip to Content]
  • ISA celebrating Holi in 2018
  • Soccer tournament in 2017
  • ISA 2018 potluck
  • Soccer tourny in 2016
  • International students with international flags

Life in the USA

In addition to settling into your program of study at SUNY Upstate and adjusting to the United States culture, as an International Student you will also have many other responsibilities.

Many International Students have questions about obtaining a driver's license or a social security number in the United States, and whether they will be required to file federal and state income taxes. The Life in the USA web page was designed to provide you with information about:

Click here for more information about activities and places to visit around Syracuse.

If you have additional questions about these items, please contact Jennifer Abbott, International Student Advisor at [email protected]  or by calling 315-464-4604.