What is a degree audit?
A degree audit is an analytical tool that enables students, academic advisors, and the Registrar’s Office to evaluate the progress that a student is making toward completion of all degree requirements – including required courses, electives, transfer credit, required exams such as the USMLE©, and for undergraduate programs “admissions prerequisites”. A valuable tool for academic planning and course selection, the degree audit aligns your in-progress and completed course work with the requirements of your degree program.
At Upstate Medical University, we use the web-based system DegreeWorks. To access your current degree audit, log in to Degree Works using your Upstate Net ID and Password. (Do not use your Banner/My Upstate login)
What if I have questions about my degree audit or think information is incorrect?
There are several resources to assist you in understanding your degree audit. Depending on the question you have, it would be best for you to consult the following:
- Admissions prerequisites – If admissions prerequisities are not listed as complete or courses you took prior to entering Upstate are not matched with the requirements listed, please contact the Office of Student Admissions and Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 315-464-4570.
- Transfer credit – If you have applied for transfer credit and it is not showing, check with your Academic Advisor. There is an email icon in the upper right corner of the worksheet that will open an email to your advisor. If you have completed the course and submitted an official transcript to the Registrar’s Office and it is not showing, contact the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com or 315-464-4604.
- Required courses at Upstate (program of study) – If you have taken a course at Upstate and it is not showing as completed or if you have questions about your program of study, please contact the following based on your program/College:
- College of Medicine MD only, College of Health Professions, and College of Nursing – contact the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 315-464-4604
- College of Medicine – Public Health Program - contact the Public Health program at email@example.com or 315-464-1700
- College of Graduate Studies – contact your academic advisor or College of Graduate Studies Executive Coordinator
NOTE: DegreeWorks is not your academic transcript nor is it an official notification of completion of degree requirements. Changes made to your official academic record will take at least 24-48 hours to be reflected in your DegreeWorks report.