Schedule a COVID Test
As of April 1, 2022, you will receive a bill for COVID testing if your insurance does not cover the test.
Please contact your insurance company to ensure your test is still covered. The charge for a COVID-19 PCR test is $213. For information on financial assistance, please call 315-464-8050 or visit https://www.upstate.edu/hospital/patients-families/billing/financial-resources.php.
Upstate Community Hospital, Physician Office Building South, Suite 1K (4900 Broad Rd, Syracuse, 13215)
Suite 1K accepts both appointments and walk-ins. Please note that scheduling an appointment is preferred and appointments take priority over walk-ins. To schedule an appointment, please visit MyChart or call the scheduling office at 315-464-2778 and press 0.
Individuals come into the hospital to sign in and then return to their cars to safely register and speak with a nurse by phone. Once individuals are registered and the nurse assessment is complete, they return to the suite for the test.
Suite 1K Testing Site Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm (closed for lunch 12:30-1:00pm)
Saliva PCR COVID tests are available at this site, Monday through Thursday. To be eligible for saliva testing, you cannot have brushed your teeth or used mouthwash for 1 hour prior to the test, and you cannot eat, drink, smoke, vape, chewed gum, had a mint or lozenge for 30 minutes prior to the test.
To get to Suite 1K from the Upstate Community Hospital parking garage, go to the first floor of the parking garage.
- You will see signs near the elevators that provide the registration phone number to call.
- If you do not see the sign, go down the ramp into the hospital and you will see a security guard at a table who will provide you with the registration phone number to call.
- If you have not yet called to register for your test, go back to your car and call 315-464-2778.
- Stay in your car. After you register, a nurse will call you to complete an assessment.
- Do not come into Suite 1K until the nurse tells you to. On busy days, the nurse may tell you to wait in your car an additional period of time to prevent lines in the hallway.
- Once the nurse tells you to come into Suite 1K, enter through the first floor of the parking garage, go down the ramp into the hospital, and stop at the security guard table. The security guard will provide you with a new mask and direct you to Suite 1K.
To get to Suite 1K from the sliding doors to the right of the Emergency Room entrance, go through the outer doors and turn right. Keep going 15 feet until you see the security guard at the desk on your right.