The following media reports contain mentions of Upstate Medical University's pooled saliva testing protocol.
- Frank Middleton is quoted in the story on WSKG radio SUNY-Wide Pooled COVID-19 Testing May Be More Effective, Expert Says
- Syracuse.com: Students can study safely on campus with smart approach.
- Press Republican: We can study safely on campus — with a smart approach
- WCAX3: A look at how SUNY Plattsburg’s COVID-19 testing work (Sept. 16)
- New York Times Party Selfies and Hazmat Suits: How New York’s worst campus outbreak unfolded (Sept. 16)
- Journal Courier: SUNY faculty and staff to be tested for COVID-19 (Sept. 15)
- Cortland Standard: SUNY Cortland to tighten virus testing after rise.
- North Country Now: SUNY Potsdam begins comprehensive COVID-19 surveillance testing of students (Sept. 15)
- 7News SUNY Potsdam begins testing all students for COVID-19 (Sept. 15)
Saliva swab diagnostic test used in pool testing has been granted emergency use materialization by the FDA. See coverage and announcements, below: