Keeping You Safe
Every day, we use technology and expertise to keep you safe, connected and cared for. As the region’s teaching hospital, we bring our hearts and minds together for the new ideas to improve your health and see you safely home.
As we continue to monitor the transmission and effects of Covid-19 Upstate is committed to meet and exceed state and federal guidelines to ensure our patients, visitors and staff remain safe. We’ve added new precautions to minimize your risk of Covid-19 transmission and as always, are providing the care you need when you need it—in person or via telemedicine when appropriate.
Do not delay care when needed.
Our providers and staff take your safety seriously. Click to learn more about how we’re working to keep you and your children safe at Upstate, whether for a routine appointment, emergency care or a planned surgery.
If you have any symptoms of Covid-19 or questions about Covid-19 and your upcoming appointment, please call your physician’s office.
We’re happy to welcome back our established patients and are accepting new patients in most clinical areas.
Upstate has developed and is following carefully designed safety precautions for your face-to-face care. You will notice these changes when you come to visit us to ensure a safe and healthy experience for all:
- more personal protective equipment (PPE) to protect you and your health care providers. We have ample supplies available and will continue to use them as long as the disease is active in our community.
- masking is required in all facilities for all patients, visitors and staff. Please wear your mask to the entry point, and then use the surgical mask provided while in our facilities.
- single entry points to all locations. This allows us to screen all patients and visitors for Covid-19 symptoms upon entering our facilities. Please arrive 5-10 minutes early to allow for the screening procedures which includes a series of questions and a temperature check.
- new waiting area procedures. In many areas you will no longer wait in a waiting area, or you’ll see separate areas for patients with possible Covid-19 symptoms or exposure in order to limit risk of transmission.
- physical distancing is required. When in our facilities, you will notice waiting areas have been rearranged to allow more space, or you will not be in a waiting area at all.
- frequent handwashing and hand sanitizer readily available for all patients, visitors and staff.
- increased disinfecting protocols in addition to our routine cleaning. We’ve added additional staff and more products to spot clean high-touch areas even more frequently. In addition, for areas like our operating rooms and covid positive rooms, we use a UV light robot to kill all bacteria and viruses including the coronavirus.
- testing is available to all patients as needed and will be required prior to most procedures. If you have been tested for COVID-19 by nasal swab outside of Upstate, please share a copy of your results with your care team before your appointment. Our staff has been tested to ensure your safety.
Please leave children at home in the care of someone else, unless they are receiving care. Consult our guidelines for visitors and share with those close to you if you will be staying at the hospital.
For your safety and convenience, we have more clinical areas offering online and phone visits than ever before. Virtual visits allow you to interact with you care team through live video and/or audio on your own device in the comfort of your home.
These appointments for existing patients may be well suited for your follow up or routine checkup. Ask your provider if a virtual visit is appropriate for you.
For the safety of our patients, visitors, staff, and students, Upstate is screening ALL patients, visitors/companions, and staff until further notice.