Master's Admission Requirements
Prerequisites for all Students Entering the MS Program
- Basic Health Assessment (NURS 310 or 300 level or higher course) and Basic Statistics (3 credits). If either of these courses was taken more than five years ago, an advisor will discuss the possibility of taking a refresher course to update your skills. It is up to you to determine whether you feel competent to enroll in advanced courses that require an understanding of basic concepts in these areas.
BS-to-MS Admissions Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0. A higher GPA may be necessary to be competitive for admission
- Current New York state RN license (If you are submitting your Registration Certificate issued by the Office of the Professions, you must sign above the line Licensee/Registrant in the lower left corner).
- Current CPR certification
- Preference will be given to students with greater than one year of med/surg experience at the time of application
- No GREs required