Learn about visitor restrictions at all Upstate Hospitals
Your Hospital Stay
Welcome to Upstate. We want your hospital stay to be as safe, pleasant and comfortable as possible. Your comfort, convenience, and peace of mind are extremely important to us.
Admissons/Registration: 315 492-5539
Our uniformed Volunteers greet visitors every day from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm at the Patient Testing Entrance and from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm at the Main Entrance. Volunteers are available to help you with your luggage and/or wheelchair; escort you through the hospital; provide parking and hospital information; assist with transportation, regular mail and flower delivery.
Public Safety is also available to provide security escort services to your car if requested.
Where to Park
The Parking Garage is located at the end of the main campus road. After coming off Broad Road, continue on the campus until you see the parking booths where you will find the entrance to the garage.
What to Bring
We want your stay to be as comfortable as possible. Here are some recommendations on what to bring and leave home.
- For a child, a favorite toy
- For an adult, a magazine or book to read
- Limited personal belongings
- If you bring a wheelchair or assitive device (walker/cane) ensure it is properly labeled with your name
- Loose-fitting comfortable clothing, including footwear
- Your insurance cards, photo identification and/or Social Security card
- A copy of any Advance Directives you have previously completed. These will become a permanent part of your medical record. If you do not have an Advance Directive, you may obtain a health care proxy form at the hospital or from the NY State Department of Health. If you have questions about Advance Directives, please call Upstate Connect at 800 464-8668.
What to Leave Home
- All electrical equipment (you may bring your cell phone and charger)
- Large sums of money and credit cards. You will need money only for such things as insurance co-pays, newspapers or any items purchased from the hospital gift shop
- Jewelry and other valuables
- Please do not bring or send latex balloons. Many people are allergic to the latex. Mylar balloons are a safe alternative.