Phone: 315 492-5740 (For emergencies, call the operator)
Location: Upstate Community Hospital, Room 3101
To speak to a spiritual care provider, please have the nurse contact us or you may call us and leave a message.
More information on Upstate's Spiritual Care Center, including chaplains, services, and educational programs.
Our Mission Statement
- The Department of Spiritual Care of Upstate Medical University is a clinically excellent service offering inclusive hospitality and providing hope.
- We are understood and sought out as essential and valued members of the interdisciplinary patient and family-centered team.
- We are committed to maintain a balance among mind, body and spirit.
- Our teamwork inspires creativity in times of change and growth.
- We take initiative for ongoing education to enhance clinical excellence and professional competence.
- The Spiritual Care Center is more than a place. It is the spiritual energy that transforms.
What is Spiritual Care?
Spirituality is recognized as a factor that contributes to health in many persons. The concept of spirituality is found in all cultures and societies. It is expressed in an individual's search for ultimate meaning through participation in religion and/or belief in God, family, naturalism, rationalism, humanism and the arts. All these factors can influence how patients and health care professionals perceive health and illness and how they interact with one another.
(The Association of American Medical Colleges Medical School Objectives Report III, 1999.)
Service and Resources
• Spiritual Care is Available 24/7
• Chaplains may be contacted by calling 315-492-5740 or the operator or visiting the Spiritual Care office on the third floor
• A Meditation Room is available in room 1406 off the main lobby
• Spiritual Care Reading Room is available outside the Spiritual Care office on the third floor