Cafeteria & Food Services
The Food and Nutrition Services department provides food service for Upstate Community Hospital's inpatients, visitors and staff. The department's nutritional professionals also offer the following clinical nutrition services:
Upstate Health Care Center
90 Presidential Plaza
Syracuse, NY 13202
Map & directions
Phone: 315 464-4219
- Assessment and care-planning for critically ill patients
- Instructing inpatients on diet modification
- Recommending formulas for patients who require tube feeding
- Registered, licensed professionals are involved in providing total parenteral nutrition, an intravenous method of feeding patients high levels of nutrients.
- Outpatient nutrition counseling is available to the community through our Health Education Department.
Meal service for hospital inpatients begins with breakfast at 7:40 a.m., lunch at 11:30 a.m., and dinner at 4:30 p.m. In-between meal service is available upon request. For inpatient nutrition related questions, call (315) 492-5506. For outpatient nutrition related questions call (315) 492-5152.
The Hospital Cafeteria Service hours are as follows:
- Breakfast: 6:30 a.m.-10:00 a.m., weekdays
- Hot Lunch:
11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m., weekdays
11:15 a.m.-2:00 p.m., weekends and holidays
- Cold Lunch/Snacks:
11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. weekdays
11:15 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. weekends and holidays
- Dinner: 4:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m., seven days a week
Catering service is available for various functions held at the hospital. Questions regarding catering and/or the cafeteria can be directed to (315) 492-5062.