Dean's Advisory Committee on Diversity & Inclusion
- Lawrence Chin, MD, Dean, College of Medicine
- Zulma Tovar-Spinoza, MD, Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion
- Lenore Boris, JD, Associate Dean, Binghamton Clinical Campus
- Ann Botash, MD, Senior Associate Dean, Faculty Affairs
- Malika Carter, PhD, Interim Chief Diversity Officer
- Nakeia Chambers, Diversity Initiatives Specialist
- Stephen Contreras, Director of Student Retention
- Rebecca Garden, PhD, Assistant Dean, Diversity and Inclusion
- Sharon Huard, Associate Dean, Student Affairs & Campus Life
- Danielle Katz, MD, Associate Dean, Graduate Medical Education
- Leann Lesperance, MD, PhD, Interim Associate Dean, Curriculum
- Sipho Mbuqe, PhD, Senior Counselor, Student Counseling Service
- Lisa Neerukonda, MPH, Academic Affairs
- Brian Thompson, MD, Assistant Dean for Diversity
- Zulma Tovar-Spinoza, MD, Associate Dean for Diversity & Inclusion
- Grace VanNortwick, Chief of Staff, Dean's Office
- Jennifer Welch, Chief Enrollment Management Officer
- Julie White, PhD, Associate VP, Educational Services
- Olamide Ajagbe, MD, Pediatrics
- Daryll Dykes, MD, PhD, JD, Associate Professor, Orthopedic Surgery
- Michael Williams, MD, Pathology
- Wei-Dong Yao, PhD, Psychiatry, Neuroscience & Physiology
- Milladge Griffin, MSI
- Adaobi Ikpeze, MSII
- Nia Jagroop, MSIV
- Desirree Pizarro, MSIII
- Angelique Woods, MSII
- Julia Ciurria, MD, PGY1, Pediatrics (appointed January 2018)
- Stephanie Gleicher, MD, PGY-2, Urology (appointed January 2018)
- Bakhtier Nurmukhamedov, MD, PGY-3, Neurology (appointed January 2018)
~ Faculty representatives are recommended by the Medical College Assembly Executive Committee and appointed by the dean. Faculty members will serve 2-year terms which may be renewed for up to 6 years.
The Dean’s Advisory Committee on Diversity and Inclusion is charged with advancing diversity in the College of Medicine. Specifically, the committee will:
- Periodically review the Diversity and Inclusion Policy, including identification of mission-appropriate diversity categories for medical students, faculty and senior administrative staff.
- Ensure the school has effective policies and practices in place, and engages in ongoing, systematic, and focused recruitment and retention activities to achieve mission-appropriate diversity outcomes among students, faculty, senior administrative staff, and other relevant members of its academic community.
- Review strategies, programs and outcomes related to recruitment and retention of medical students, faculty, and senior administrative leadership from COM-defined diversity categories.
- Review activities related to the administration and delivery of programs (e.g. pipeline programs) aimed at developing a diverse pool of medical school applicants, both locally and nationally.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness (including outcome data) of pipeline programs and of other programs to support school-defined diversity among students, faculty, and senior administrative staff.
- Conduct an annual review of the progress of departmental diversity and inclusion action plans.
- Prepare an annual report to be shared with university leadership, faculty, and students.
- Align the work of the committee and College of Medicine efforts in advancing diversity with the university-wide Strategic Plan for Diversity.
3 pm in Doust Boardroom