Dean's Advisory Committee on Diversity & Inclusion
- Ann Botash, MD, Senior Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs and Faculty Development
- Nakeia Chambers, Director of Multicultural, Disability, and Veteran's Affairs
- Steven Contreras, Director of Student Retention
- Katherine Daley, Coordinator of Disability
- Neal Eckrich, MHA, Associate Dean, Administrative Affairs at Binghamton Clinical Campus
- Sharon Huard, Associate Dean of Student Affairs and Campus Life
- Danielle Katz, MD, Associate Dean for Graduate Medical Education
- Katherine King, JD, Institutional Equity Officer
- Leann Lesperance, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Medical Education
- Sipho Mbuqe, PhD, Senior Counselor, Student Counseling Service
- Michael (Femi) Olu-Talabi, MS4
- Lisa Phelan, Interim Director of Accreditation Compliance
- Anindita Rajasekaran, MS2
- MaryGrace VanNortwick, Chief of Staff, Dean’s Office
- Jennifer Welch, Chief Enrollment Management Officer
- Michael Williams, MD, Pathology, Resident
- Julie White, PhD, Associate Vice President for Educational Services and Dean of Student Affairs
- Angelique Woods, MS4
Department Diversity Advocates
- Chiagozi Fawole, MD, Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology
- Alaji Bah, PhD, Assistant Professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Rachel Fabi, PhD, Assistant Professor of Bioethics & Humanities
- Sherrie Lafrance-Hale, PhD, Assistant Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology
- Samantha Jones, MD, Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine
- Rupali Singla, MD, Assistant Professor of Family Medicine
- Vikrant Tambe, MBBCH, Assistant Professor of Geriatric Medicine
- Tara Mathews, MBA, Department of Medicine
- Rebecca Greenblatt, PhD, Assistant Professor of Microbiology & Immunology
- Nicole Brescia, MD, Assistant Professor of Neurology
- Mariano Viapiano, PhD, Associate Professor of Neuroscience and Physiology
- Zulma Tovar-Spinoza, MD, Associate Professor of Neurosurgery
- Robert Fechtner, MD, Professor & Chair of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
- Diedre Boozer, Business Manager of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
- Daryll Dykes, MD, PhD, JD, Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery
- Mitchell Gore, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology and Communication Sciences
- Alexandria Smith-Hannah, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor of Pathology
- Olamide Ajagbe, MD, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
- Richard Wojcikiewicz, PhD, Professor and Chair of Pharmacology
- Xiaolo Dong, MD, Assistant Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Sipho Mbuqe, PhD, Senior Counselor, Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
- Michael Lacombe, MD, Assistant Professor of Radiation Oncology
- David Feiglin, MD, Professor of Radiology
- Roseanna Guzman-Curtis, MD, MPH, Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Natasha Ginzburg, MD, Assistant Professor of Urology
The Dean’s Advisory Committee on Diversity and Inclusion is charged with advancing diversity in the College of Medicine. Specifically, the committee will:
- Periodically review the Diversity and Inclusion Policy, including identification of mission-appropriate diversity categories for medical students, faculty and senior administrative staff.
- Ensure the school has effective policies and practices in place, and engages in ongoing, systematic, and focused recruitment and retention activities to achieve mission-appropriate diversity outcomes among students, faculty, senior administrative staff, and other relevant members of its academic community.
- Review strategies, programs and outcomes related to recruitment and retention of medical students, faculty, and senior administrative leadership from COM-defined diversity categories.
- Review activities related to the administration and delivery of programs (e.g. pipeline programs) aimed at developing a diverse pool of medical school applicants, both locally and nationally.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness (including outcome data) of pipeline programs and of other programs to support school-defined diversity among students, faculty, and senior administrative staff.
- Conduct an annual review of the progress of departmental diversity and inclusion action plans.
- Prepare an annual report to be shared with university leadership, faculty, and students.
- Align the work of the committee and College of Medicine efforts in advancing diversity with the university-wide Strategic Plan for Diversity.
Dean's Policy on Diversity & Inclusion in the College of Medicine
College of Medicine Diversity & Inclusion Plan
3 pm in Doust Boardroom