Dean's Advisory Committee on Diversity and Inclusion
The Dean’s Advisory Committee on Diversity and Inclusion is charged with advancing diversity in the College of Medicine. Specifically, the committee will:
- Periodically review the Diversity and Inclusion Policy, including identification of mission-appropriate diversity categories for medical students, faculty and senior administrative staff.
- Ensure the school has effective policies and practices in place, and engages in ongoing, systematic, and focused recruitment and retention activities to achieve mission-appropriate diversity outcomes among students, faculty, senior administrative staff, and other relevant members of its academic community.
- Review strategies, programs and outcomes related to recruitment and retention of medical students, faculty, and senior administrative leadership from COM-defined diversity categories.
- Review activities related to the administration and delivery of programs (e.g. pipeline programs) aimed at developing a diverse pool of medical school applicants, both locally and nationally.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness (including outcome data) of pipeline programs and of other programs to support school-defined diversity among students, faculty, and senior administrative staff.
- Conduct an annual review of the progress of departmental diversity and inclusion action plans.
- Prepare an annual report to be shared with university leadership, faculty, and students.
- Align the work of the committee and College of Medicine efforts in advancing diversity with the university-wide Strategic Plan for Diversity.
Dean's Policy on Diversity & Inclusion in the College of Medicine