Prerequisite Courses: Physician Assistant
|General Biology I & II with lab
|Anatomy & Physiology I & II with lab or one semester of Anatomy with lab and a semester of Physiology with lab
|General Chemistry I & II with lab|
|Organic Chemistry or Biochemistry with lab
|Microbiology with lab
|Medical Terminology (0-3 credits)*
|Behavioral or Social Science (2 courses from the list below are required)
- One biology and one chemistry course need to be taken within 5 years of matriculation into the PA program.
- Students must complete all courses in the curriculum at SUNY Upstate. Credit from other PA programs will not be accepted.
- All science courses with the exception of Genetics, are required to have labs.
- Acceptable grades must be C or better.
- Accepted applicants must meet Technical Standards for Physician Assistant Studies.
*Medical Terminology does not have to be taken for college credit. Most students take an online course from universalclass.com Either Medical Terminology 101 OR Medical Terminology 201 will meet this requirement, so long as a certificate of completion is awarded. Once completed, you can email a copy of your certificate to email@example.com and we will upload it to your application.