How to Apply
- Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) application - https://portal.caspaonline.org
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official College Transcripts
- Listing of Health Care Experience - 1000 hours*
Upstate Supplemental Application - Once your application is received from CASPA, we will e-mail you your Login ID and PIN that will allow you to access our Secondary Application. Please do not create an account on your own from our Admissions Login page as that will not allow you to access the PA Secondary Application. The Secondary Application must be submitted to Upstate Medical University along with a $65.00 application fee no later than December1.
- Official GRE scores must be sent directly to CASPA. The SUNY Upstate CASPA GRE code is 4523. Scores must be received be deadline date of December 1.
- Please note that it may take roughly 10-14 days for electronic GRE scores to be uploaded once the request has been made through ETS.
Interviews are by invitation only after screening of completed applications.
Additional requirements based on individual situations. It is the responsibility of each student to confirm that a completed application is on file in the Office of Student Admissions
* We recommend applicants have at least 750 hours of health care related experience completed at the time of application to be competitive.
- Novemeber 1st: Application deadline for CASPA
- December1st: Deadline for completion of Upstate Supplemental Application and submission of supporting documents. (GRE scores & $65.00 application fee)
- Upstate operates on a rolling admission basis. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply well in advance of the application deadline.