Prerequisites/How to Apply: MS
Prerequisites: Medical Technology, MS
Master of Science (MS)
The Medical Technology (MS) degree provides students with the opportunity for professional advancement through acquisition of expanded knowledge and skills in Microbiology. Completion of the Medical Technology master's degree does not make graduates eligible to sit for the NYS Medical Technology license. Prospective students with a bachelors in a field other than Medical Technology, who want to be eligible to sit for the NYS Medical Technology license should pursue the Medical Technology bachelor's degree.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or Higher
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
Medical Technology is a fall entry program. Applications open September 1 and closes June 1. Admission is on a rolling basis.
How to Apply: Medical Technology, MSMedical Technology, MS applicants must submit:
- College of Health Professions Application
- Two letters of recommendation. We recommend that at least one letter be from a science faculty member and the second should be from someone who knows you in an academic or professional capacity. Personal references will not be considered. Applicants will submit their reference's name, organization and department, position/title, relationship to you, telephone number and e-mail address when filling out their application for admission. Once the applicant enters their reference’s information on the application, the references will be sent instructions on how to submit the letter of recommendation. Both the applicant and the references will receive confirmation once it’s submitted.
- Official College Transcripts. Applicants are required to submit official transcripts from every college attended or every college they have received credit from. If college transcripts are not in English, or it is not in the same grading system as the United States, the applicant will need to get a translation and a course-by-course educational credential evaluation completed by an approved agency (https://www.naces.org/members).
- Official GRE Scores
- Please note that it may take roughly 10-14 days for electronic GRE scores to be uploaded once the request has been made through ETS.
Additional requirements based on individual situations. It is the responsibility of each student to confirm that a completed application is on file in the Office of Student Admissions.
Official transcripts and GRE scores should be sent via:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
Mail: SUNY Upstate Medical University
766 Irving Ave.
1212 Weiskotten Hall
Syracuse, NY 13210