Admissions Requirements: How to Apply
Applications for 2024 is NOW OPEN!Apply today
Application Deadline is May 1st @ 11:59pm
- MCAT score REQUIRED (495 or above)
- Baccalaureate Degree
- Minimum BCPM GPA of 3.0 (BCPM is all Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Math courses taken as an undergraduate)
- International students with 90 college credit hours in the United States or Canada are eligible to apply
- Completion of the medical school prerequisite courses;
|General Biology I & II with labs
|General Physics I and II with labs**
|General Chemistry I & II with labs
|Organic Chemistry I with lab
|English Composition or Writing Course
* Organic Chemistry II will not meet the Biochemistry prerequisite.
** While it is recommended, we do not require your Physics courses to be calculus-based, unlike other medical schools.
*** Calculus will not meet the statistics prerequisite.
- Official College Transcripts (electronic is preferred)
- Applicants are required to submit official transcripts from every college attended or every college from which they have received credit. If your college transcripts are not in English, or not in the same grading system as the United States, you will need to get a translation and a course-by-course educational credential evaluation completed by an approved agency.
- Official transcripts and test scores should be sent to:
SUNY Upstate Medical University
Admissions & Financial Aid
766 Irving Ave.
Weiskotten Hall 1213
Syracuse, NY 13210
Or electronically, if possible, to email@example.com.
- Two letters of recommendation from those familiar with your potential for medical school
- We recommend that at least one letter be from a science faculty member. The others should be from someone who knows you in an academic or professional capacity. Applicants will submit their reference’s information when filling out their application for admission. Upon submission of the application, the references will receive instructions on how to submit them.
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vita/Resume
- Admissions interview, by invitation only
- Students must complete the SUNY Upstate Medical University Application($65 fee)
- If you have a FAP Waiver (AAMC Fee Assistance Program) OR are experiencing a hardship and can provide documentation, Please email that information to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: MedPrep Application Fee Waiver Documentation
- Those who have applied to Upstate College of Medicine, MD Program within the past two cycles are able to request that the following materials be transferred to the MedPrep application for review AFTER they have completed and submitted their application
- AMCAS Application
- Letters of recommendation
- Former MD applicants are required at minimum to have at least one (1) new letter of recommendation, new personal statement and updated CV/resume to apply to the MedPrep MS Program. Requests to transfer materials must be made AFTER submission of your application to email@example.com before the application deadline of May 1st. Subject: MedPrep Transfer AMCAS Materials to Application