Admission Requirements: Clinical Perfusion
Master of Science (MS)
The admission requirements for the Clinical Perfusion Program are as follows:
- Baccalaureate Degree
- Minimum GPA of a 2.8 cumulative and prerequisite is required. Preference is given to GPA’s of 3.0 or better.
- Completion of Prerequisite Courses. Prerequisite courses must be completed by the time of matriculation. Students may apply if prerequisite courses are in progress or planned to be completed by the time of matriculation.
- Completion of Application (Applications open September 1st)
- Two letters of recommendation. We recommend that at least one letter be from a science faculty member, the other should be from someone who knows you in an academic, or professional capacity. Applicants will submit their reference's information when filling out their application for admission. Upon submission of the application, the references will receive instructions on how to submit them through MyUpstate.
- Official College Transcripts. Applicants are required to submit official transcripts from every college attended or every college they have received credit from. If your college transcripts are not in English, or it is not in the same grading system as the United States, you will need to get a translation and a course-by-course educational credential evaluation completed by an approved agency.
- If English is not your first language, an official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IETLS) score report must be submitted.
- Clinical Perfusion is a fall entry program. Applications open September 1. The application deadline is February 15. All supporting application materials (letters, transcripts, etc.) must be submitted by March 1st.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis.
- Personal interview, by invitation
- While we do not require applicants have completed a perfusion observation as part of the application process, it's highly recommended.
- Application fee requirement: $65.00
- GREs are not required to apply
Additional requirements based on individual situations. It is the responsibility of each student to confirm that a completed application is on file in the Office of Student Admissions.
Official transcripts and test scores should be sent electronically to email@example.com or mailed to the address below. Please note physical mail might take longer to process.
SUNY Upstate Medical University
Admissions & Financial Aid
766 Irving Ave.
1212 Weiskotten Hall
Syracuse, NY 13210
Incoming students will be required to submit a background check after being offered admission, and prior to enrollment at SUNY Upstate. All admitted students are admitted conditionally until background check results are obtained and reviewed by SUNY Upstate.