Survivor Wellness Program
After treatments for cancer have completed often times people are left with questions. What should I be looking for? What should I be eating? How do I make side effects from my cancer treatment better or easier to live with? What can I do to keep myself healthy? Upstate's Survivor Wellness Team can help answer these questions and more. The team works in conjunction with your existing healthcare providers to ensure communication and to create a wellness plan that works for you. We are here to assist with:
- Coordinating care with your primary care physician. Basic healthcare needs can change after a cancer diagnosis.
- Understanding your treatments and their late effects
- Genetic counseling
- Addressing your mental health needs
- Evaluating fertility concerns
- Fitness and nutrition counseling to improve the quality of life after cancer
Upstate's Survivor Wellness Team can help you thrive! A good place to start is incorporating core fundamentals of wellness into each day including nutrition, physical exercise, stress management and spiritual wellness. Learn about Dr. Nanavati's Core 4 Fundamentals of Wellness.