Maple Rosemary Grilled Chicken
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 TBSP olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons olive oil, shallot, rosemary, lemon juice, Dijon, and garlic; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a gallon-sized Ziploc bag, combine maple syrup mixture and chicken; marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight, turning the bag occasionally. Drain the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush chicken with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken to grill, and cook, occasionally turning, until chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with rosemary, if desired.