Creamy Carrot Cake Smoothie
Author: Minimalist Baker
- 1 large ripe frozen banana (as original recipe is written, 1 ¼ cup)
- 1 small carrot, chopped (as original recipe is written, 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (or 1/8 tsp vanilla powder)
- 1 tsp fresh minced or grated ginger (or 1/4 tsp ground ginger)
- 1 healthy pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 - 1 cup milk (use less for a thicker smoothie, more for thinner smoothie. We prefer cashew, coconut, or almond milk)
- 1 scoop plain or vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Shredded carrots
- Shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp chopped walnuts or hemp seeds
- Add banana, carrot, cinnamon, vanilla, ginger, nutmeg, milk (starting with the lesser amount), and protein powder (optional) to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Add more dairy-free milk as needed to thin/encourage blending.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed.
- Serve as is or garnish with shredded carrot, shredded coconut, or walnuts. Best when fresh. Will keep it in the freezer for up to 1 month (thaw before enjoying).