Chicken Fried Rice
Servings: 3 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Ready in: 25 minutes
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 3/4-pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp canola oil, divided
- 1 1/3 cups frozen peas and carrots blend
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large non-stick wok or skillet, heat 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil and 1 1/2 tsp of the canola oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken pieces, season lightly with salt and pepper, and sauté until cooked for about 5 - 6 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat, add remaining 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil and 1 1/2 tsp canola oil. Add peas and carrots blend and green onions and sauté 1 minute, then add garlic and sauté 1 minute longer. Push veggies to the edges of the pan, add eggs in the center and scramble.
- Return chicken to skillet along with rice. Add in soy sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving: 518 calories, 54 gm carbohydrate, 6 gm fiber, 36 gm protein.