The financial aspects of dealing with a cancer diagnosis can be complex and overwhelming. At the Upstate Cancer Center, a financial counselor is available to help minimize the confusion and stress that can be caused by financial concerns.
A financial counselor can assist patients and families with a better understanding of insurance coverage and finding additional resources to help pay for care.
Here are some of the specific ways a financial counselor can help:
- Explain your health insurance benefits.
- Answer billing and insurance questions.
- Assist with enrollment into programs with the New York State Health Exchange.
- Explain how you may be able to get secondary insurance coverage.
- Locate possible co-pay relief programs and patient assistance funding.
- Help you apply for our hospital financial assistance program.
- Investigate additional foundation funding programs for which you qualify.
- Estimate your out-of-pocket medical expenses.