Symptoms of Prostate Cancer
Early prostate cancer usually causes no symptoms. Advanced prostate cancers can cause some symptoms, such as:
- Problems passing urine, including a slow or weak urinary stream or the need to urinate more often, especially at night.
- Blood in the urine (hematuria)
- Trouble getting an erection (impotence)
- Pain in the hips, back (spine), chest (ribs), or other areas from cancer spread to bones
- Weakness or numbness in the legs or feet, or even loss of bladder or bowel control from cancer pressing on the spinal cord.
Information courtesy of the American Cancer Society