Mission, Vision and Leadership
It is the mission of the Upstate Cancer Center to reduce the burden of cancer in the communities we serve through clinical care, education, and biomedical research.
- Improve cancer outcomes for Central New York, including survival, symptom management, supportive, and end-of-life care
- Improve community awareness, education, and prevention regarding cancer.
- Emphasize a collaborative practice with regional/national brand.
- Achieve recognition in basic, translational, and clinical research and population science.
- Become the first-choice site for education, training, and employment of oncology professionals.
- Grow together under an aligned cancer care model.
Upstate Cancer Center Leadership
Thomas J. VanderMeer, MD, FACS
Gennady Bratslavsky, MD
Associate Director for Clinical Research
Teresa Gentile, MD, PhD
Associate Director for Basic and Translational Research
Leszek Kotula, MD, PhD
Interim Associate Administrator
Jennifer Logiudice, DBA
Director of Business Development and Strategy
Erin Bolsei, MBA, CPA
Associate Director of Nursing
Kristin L. Soper, DNP, MS, RN, ANP-BC, AOCNP
Assistant Director of Nursing
Jessica Rauscher MSN, RN, FNP-BC, OCN
Associate Director of Hematology Oncology Pharmacy Services
Andrew Burgdorf, PharmD,BCPS
Director of Clinical Operations
JJ Yakowec, DrPH, MPH
Director of Quality and Patient Safety
Derek R. Kurtz, MHA