Book a Seminar
Biochemistry Seminar Series Guidelines for Hosts
- Arrange possible dates with the speaker. The available dates can be accessed on this website's calendar page.
- Please be sure to include your name, phone extension, speaker's name and phone number and seminar title when you submit your electronic request. You will not be able to submit the request without this information!
- You must submit your request for a date electronically and get confirmation of the date from the Biochemistry Department secretary prior to communicating a firm date to your speaker. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Follow the confirmation with a formal letter to the speaker communicating the seminar date and what they can expect including the $200 honorarium. Ask the speaker for a copy of their CV so your colleagues can learn more about the speaker.
- The secretary will need to know the speaker's address and social security number after the date has been confirmed. This information is not necessary to submit a date request. Unfortunately, the speakers must make their own travel arrangements; inform the speaker of this and make sure they make their arrangements in a timely manner.
- It is the host's responsibility to make the speaker's itinerary. You should make sure that the appropriate colleagues have the opportunity to talk to the speaker.
- Arrange for pick up and return to the airport. It is strongly recommended that you to do this yourself so that the speaker feels welcome and appreciated.
- Ensure that the secretary gets all the appropriate receipts so that your speaker is reimbursed for their expenses in an expedient manner.
Please fill out the form below to request a date for a seminar. Please note: All requests are tentative until they are approved by the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Department Office. You will be notified via e-mail or phone when your request has been approved and finalized.
Are you unsure of the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Department's policy on Seminars? Please review seminar policies before you complete this form!