Why Choose Upstate?
Serving as the only academic medical center in Central New York, Upstate Medical University’s mission is to improve the health of our community through education, biomedical research and patient care. Affiliated with the State University of New York (SUNY), the Upstate University Hospital serves 1.8 million people in a 17-county region and includes Upstate University Hospital, Upstate University Hospital at Community Campus, Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital, and numerous satellite sites and outpatient clinics.
Upstate’s research mission is dedicated to improving human health by discovering the knowledge that leads to new cures and treatments. Innovation goes beyond the lab; patients have more access here to clinical trials than any other place in the region.
Upstate currently employs and credentials over 480 Advanced Practice Health Care Providers. These include Certified Midwives & Certified Nurse Midwives (CMs & CNMs), Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs), Physician Assistants (PAs), and Nurse Practitioners (NPs). The Department of Advanced Practice Services employs Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants who work within the following clinical areas:
- Behavioral Health
- Breast Care Center
- C.A.R.E. (Child Abuse Referral & Evaluation Program)
- Cardiothoracic (Inpatient)
- Center for International Health
- ENHANCE Foster Care Program
- Family Medicine Clinic
- Heart & Vascular Services
- Inclusive Health Services
- Medicine (Inpatient & Outpatient)
- Newborn/Neonatal Care
- Pain Services (Inpatient)
- Palliative Care
- Pediatric & Adolescent Center
- Pediatric Oncology
- Pediatrics (Outpatient & Inpatient)
- Perioperative Medical Home
- Wound/Ostomy Services