Upstate offers employees several training, educational and professional development opportunities. Additionally, there are a number of helpful websites that can be found on our Resources & Links page.
Please check back regularly for upcoming department events!
Advanced Practice Grand Rounds 2023
Advanced Practice is pleased to offer our monthly Grand Rounds events, for an intended target audience of NPs, PAs, NP & PA students, MDs & DOs.
- You can view the recording of all past events on the Upstate Media Platform
Advanced Practice Symposium 2023
Advanced Practice will be hosting our 3rd annual virtual, on-demand, enduring event: the Advanced Practice Symposium 2023!!
The Symposium is open to all local MDs, DOs, NPs, PAs, CNSs, Nurses, Residents, Fellows & Students.
Click here for more information: coming soon!!
Estimated time to complete this educational activity: approximately 8 hours
Please share this information with your friends & colleagues!
Please contact Chris Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Online course system for both mandatory and optional training modules for Upstate staff.
SUNY Upstate Grand Rounds
SUNY Upstate offers "Grand Rounds" which provide our Advanced Practice Clinicians an excellent opportunity to learn complex medical information directly from Content Matter Experts. Participation in a Grand Round lecture provides 1.0 Continuing Education Credits. All Advanced Practice Clinicians are required to complete 25 CEU's annually to maintain Medical Staff credentialing. Please ensure, should you attend a Grand Round lecture that you sign in as well as keep a personal record of the event, so that necessary documentation can easily be provided to Medical Staff as necessary.
For a listing of CME credits credits you have earned, please submit a CME Transcript Request form.
Detailed information onmonthly and/or bi-monthly Grand Rounds, including dates, times, locations, speakers and topics can be found on the Upstate Online website. Visit and click on "Calendar".
Other Professional Development Resources
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support/Pediatric Advanced Cardiac Life Support Classes
- Upstate Medical University College of Nursing
- SUNY Upstate Physician Assistant Program
- Physician Assistant Fellowship in Emergency Medicine
Continuing Medical Education
There are several external resources available for professional development and continuing medical education (CME).
- Advanced Practice Education Associates (APEA)
- Practicing Clinicians Exchange (PCE)
- UpToDate (sign in with Upstate login; downloadable App for remote use)
- The Medical Letter
- Nursing Resource Guide (Upstate Library)
- ELM Exchange (Continuing Education Programs for Healthcare)
- Medscape for Nurses
- Prime Continuing Medical Education
- NetCE - Continuing Education Online