Clinical Training Experience and Rotations
Pain Management Fellowship
The SUNY Upstate Pain Management Fellowship is twelve months of clinical training experience in Acute and Chronic Pain Management. From the start, daily direct supervision is provided by the attending anesthesiologists. Supervision progresses from direct to indirect as deemed appropriate, as the clinical and managerial skills of the fellows develop.
Pain Management Trainee
- Alternating non-clinical day per week
- Involved in teaching, lecturing to medical students, residents of other specialties, nursing and other personnel as required.
- Teaching and physical dissection in regional block cadaver dissection course.
- Ongoing involvement in various research projects.
- Participation in QI / Community Service projects.
- Evaluation of trainees is ongoing with daily feedback in addition to 1-3 month evaluations based on ABA Clinical Competency Standards.
- Vacation/Comp time
- Malpractice insurance
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Department benefits, including book & travel allowance
- Balance Works program