Nellie Hurley Scholarship
Nellie Hurley was a nurse at Syracuse General Hospital. She became Director of Nursing there- continuing in that position after the 1964 merger with Community Hospital. The scholarships, named in her honor, offer opportunities for Upstate employees and volunteers to pursue undergraduate studies.
The Advocates 2021-22 Nellie Hurley Scholarships for Tuition & Related Expenses for Upstate Medical University active employees and volunteers on all campuses have been awarded to be used for FALL SEMESTER 2021. To be eligible to apply in our 2022-23 cycle beginning in January, 2022:
- Applicants must have been employed by or volunteered at UMU for a minimum of six months prior to the application deadline
- Applicants must have been accepted at an accredited institution in undergraduate studies directed toward any health-related field. Students already with a Bachelor's degree in a health-related field are not eligible
- Applicants must have a GPA of 3.2 or better and have a minimum of 12 credit hours of college directed towards a health-related field completed as of the application deadline
- Applicants may be considered for aid in a subsequent year so long as they maintain a GPA of 3.2 or higher and meet other qualifications as detailed above
- Applicants signed and fully completed applications must be received in The Advocates office by 12:00 noon on the deadline date, June 24, 2022.
The form for 2022-23 applications will be available in January, 2022. For more information, please contact Jonathan Adler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 315-464-5610.
Congratulations to our 2021-22 Nellie Hurley Scholarship Recipients
|Coralee Everett||Emily Spadaro*|
*Recipients of Advocates' 2020-21 Year-End Campaign to benefit scholarship program