Nellie Hurley Scholarship
Nellie Hurley was a nurse at Syracuse General Hospital. She became Director of Nursing there- continuing in that position after the 1964 merger with Community Hospital. The scholarships, named in her honor, offer opportunities for Upstate employees and volunteers to pursue undergraduate studies.
The Advocates 2023-24 Nellie Hurley Scholarships for Tuition & Related Expenses for Upstate Medical University active employees and volunteers on all campuses for FALL SEMESTER 2023 will be awarded in July, 2023. Applications are now being accepted through June 30. To be eligible to apply :
- Applicants must have been employed by or volunteered at UMU for a minimum of six months prior to the application deadline.
- Applicants must have been accepted at an accredited institution in undergraduate studies directed toward any health-related field. Students already with a Bachelor's degree in a health-related field are not eligible.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 3.2 or better and have a minimum of 12 credit hours of college directed towards a health-related field completed as of the application deadline. College transcripts must be provided.
- Applicants may be considered for aid in a subsequent year so long as they maintain a GPA of 3.2 or higher and meet other qualifications as detailed above.
- Read full details on eligibility
Congratulations to our 2022-23 Nellie Hurley Scholarship Recipients
|Toan Riley Burton||Julia Medicis|
|Sara Mack||Salina Marie Smith|
|Johnny Stevens||Emma Tucker|