Women in Medicine & Science is dedicated to retaining and developing women faculty at SUNY Upstate and recruiting new female faculty.
To do so, WIMS offers the following services:
- Monthly meetings in a round-table format;
- Interactive website with announcements, external links, meeting minutes and a discussion board;
- Annual Professional Development Day dedicated to professional issues for faculty, with an emphasis on equity and advancement;
- Book discussion group to share insights from professionally relevant materials;
- Leadership development opportunities through the Association of American Medical Colleges;
- Individual support from faculty members regarding personal concerns, family life,
professional questions, and other issues not covered in formal meetings or mentoring program.