Wednesday, October 22, 2014
SIDS & Pediatric Sleep - AASPP 23rd Annual Conference
Neonatologists, pediatric pulmonologists, nurses, respiratory therapists, and other healthcare professionals who have an interest in sudden infant death and sleep disorders.
1) List at least one research project with AASPP participation and explain the purpose and methodology.
2) Discuss the relationship between apnea and reflux in infants. Explain the results of at least 2 studies linking intermittent hypoxia with inflammation.
3) Discuss two pharmacological effects of caffeine on intermittent hypoxia in preterm infants.
4) List at least one biomarker of injury associated with intermitent hypoxia in infants born premature.
5) Summarize the investigation process of sleep-related infant death.
6) Explain the objectives of the SUID tissue Consortium.
7) Describe one case study and explain the significance linking seizures with sudden death.
8) List two major SIDS issus facing nurses and RTs today.
9) Explain two considerations when discharging an infant with apnea of prematurity.
10) Describe 2 ways safe sleep can be promoted in baby-friendly hospitals.
11) Discuss the effects of caffeine in the prevention and treatment of chronic lung disease in premature infants.
12) Give two things learned in the literature review that will impact your patient care.
13) List at least one over-the-counter product promoted to reduce SIDS and evaluate its effectiveness.
14) Explain an important thing learned from the abstract presentations and tell how it will affect the way you perform your job.
Program approved for 15 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.