Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Intergrating MOLST into a Community-wide Approach to ACP
NY State physicians and mid level providers
1) Discuss the nuts and bolts of the MOLST Program as part of an evidence-based, two-step approach to advance care planning.
2) Describe effective, shared, informed patient/family medical decision-making.
3) Demonstrate the process for patient-centered, goals-based communication.
4) Identify where MOLST fits into palliative care and new NYS Public Health Laws: Family Health Care Decisions Act, Palliative Care Information and Access Acts.
5) Prepare for MOLST and palliative Care implementation and quality improvement activities to improve care at the end of life.
6) Explain how MOLST improves outcomes.
7) Apply the nuts and bolts of getting paid for MOLST discussions in Upstate New York. Apply appropriate coding + billing procedures for these visits.
Approved for 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits