Good health is a most precious gift. That's why it's important to take special measures to protect it and that's what University Radiology Associates LLP (URA) is about. A full complement of imaging services is offered at our two outpatient-imaging sites.
As the only radiology group associated with Upstate Medical University, our radiologists are not only skilled practitioners, but researchers as well. They are at the forefront of innovation in radiology techniques and technology. They are American Board of Radiology certified and New York State licensed physicians. In addition to their practices, they have teaching and training responsibilities as faculty members of the Department of Radiology of University Hospital at Upstate Medical University at Syracuse. Our technologist staff is New York State licensed and certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
At URA, we offer advanced imaging services using the latest equipment.
- Two practice sites are located at 550 Harrison Center, Suites 105 & 125 where MRI (Open and Closed), CT, Diagnostic Radiological services, Interventional Radiology, PET, PEM, Arthograms, Biopsies, and Bone Densitometry(DEXA) are obtainable.
- Availability of a state of the art PET/CT scanner provids low dose CT scanning and highly developed PET imaging which allows more accurate diagnosing in the oncology setting as well as more easily following effects of therapy (chemotherapy/radiation therapy). Outside of NYC, there is no comparable imaging equipment in the state.
- URA also has the only PEM unit in Upstate New York. Similar to positron emission tomography (PET) scanning techniques, PEM scans employ fluorine-18 deoxyglucose as a radioactive marker to visualize how a patient's body metabolizes glucose. Using PEM imaging, it is possible to visibly identify areas of higher glucose consumption, which could indicate a potential malignant tumor. Beyond identifying cancerous lesions, PEM technology allows physicians to biopsy suspicious areas, guiding them directly to tumor sites, which results in quicker, more rapid procedures.
- University Hospital, Department of Radiology offers a complete spectrum of radiological services including Interventional and Nuclear Medicine procedures
- The Women's Imaging Division of the department is located at University Health Care Center, which is an outpatient facility adjacent to University Hospital offering, Women¹s Imaging services such as Ultrasound, Stereotactic Biopsies, Bone Density Studies, Digital Mammography, and Diagnostic Radiology.
All locations of University Radiology Associates present a friendly atmosphere and professional and caring staff. Walk-in and same-day appointments are welcome.
Convenient parking is available. Free parking is offered for all CTs, MRIs, IR procedures, Arthograms, PET and PEM scans.