Regional and Economic Impact
Upstate Medical University is built around the core mission of providing patient care, research and education. Our mission is a public trust: no one is turned away for medical care; research is performed to understand health and disease for the common good; and our graduates are the professionals who advance the health of the community.
We are proud of the services we provide and for the economic impact we deliver to our surrounding communities and across New York State.
Upstate is more than our name; it is the region we serve.
Key Performance Indicators highlight the impact we have throughout the state, including:
- The number of jobs Upstate supports in the region and in the state.
- The number of inpatients served by University Hospital, statewide.
- The number of counties in which students serve during educational clinical rotations.
- The number of healthcare providers for whom Upstate provides continuing clinical education.
Where more detailed data is available, click on the charts to view detailed data.
- CHP: College of Health Professions
- COGS: College of Graduate Studies
- COM: College of Medicine
- CON: College of Nursing