Quality in Research
Upstate’s Research mission is to foster highly-integrative, collaborative, multidisciplinary research programs that cross institutional borders to:
- Improve the health of the global community through internationally recognized, innovative, and funded biomedical research programs.
- Expand knowledge in the biomedical sciences to develop new approaches for disease and disability prevention, management and cure.
- Educate researchers, teachers, and practitioners.
These key performance indicators emphasize Upstate’s priority to increase its investment in research activity.
The health of a research enterprise is measured by its expenditures and Upstate is on a clear trajectory for continued growth.
The Publication Impact Factor reflects the quality of our faculty’s research and publications. It represents the number of citations per article, per year, of faculty publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Where more detailed data is available, click on the charts to view detailed data.
- CHP: College of Health Professions
- COGS: College of Graduate Studies
- COM: College of Medicine
- CON: College of Nursing