Syracuse Heart Walk/Run
REGISTER & DONATE NOW for Team Upstate! If you're a Team Captain looking to create a team please click here for instuctions. If you are a team member joining a team and looking for instructions please click here .
DONATE NOW if you'd like to support the cause but not register for the walk - you can search by team or participant.
A 1–3 mile, non-competitive walk around OCC with all intersections safely guarded for enjoyable family fun (rain or shine). A run component is available as well, to benefit the American Heart Association's fight against Heart Disease and Stroke, America's #1 & #5 killers.
Upstate has been a proud sponsor of the Heart Walk for many years, and Team Upstate has been one of the top overall fundraising teams since 2007. Upstate's cardiovascular research program has received hundreds of thousands of dollars from Heart Walk proceeds over the years.
Saturday, April 21, 2018 - Indoor & Outdoor activities
|8:00 AM||Registration & Heart Healthy Activities|
|9:00 AM||Kids Fun Run|
Upstate Team Photo
|9:30 AM||Opening & Survivor Recognition|
Walk begins - Rain or Shine
Onondaga Community College - SRC Event Center - get directions
Upstate Team Shirts
NEW - Women's and unisex shirts available (sizes XS-4XL). View the shirts here.
NOTE - TO GUARANTEE YOUR SHIRT SIZE YOU MUST REGISTER AND PAY BY MARCH 20TH
2. Donate a minimum of $35 ($25 for students) to qualify for a Team Upstate shirt
3. Donate on-line by credit card or return your donation to your Team Captain (cash or check payable to American Heart Association) or return completed paper registration form and minimum $35 ($25 for students) to your Team Captain.
Wednesday, March 14
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM - UH, 2nd Floor Lobby
Thursday, March 15
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM - Community Campus Cafeteria
You may register right up to the event, and also at Heart Association registration tent on the day of the event, but after March 20th there will be a limited amount of shirts available.
Employees, students, friends and families qualify for a shirt - just register and pay ($35 for adults or $25 for students) for the Upstate team!
If you do not have a team captain in your area, call 315-464-4836 (downtown) or 315-492-5551 (Community campus) to join a team.
Continue to Fundraise!
- All walkers and runners are asked to set a fundraising goal of $100.
- Continue to fundraise right up to the event - additional donations can be turned in at the American Heart Association tent on event day.
- Incentive prizes are available for participants who raise $250 or more. A Heart Walk T-shirt is given to those who raise $100 or more.
- Print off or send electronically the Heart Walk poster .