A Run For Their Life
To benefit the Carol M. Baldwin Breast Cancer Research Fund of CNY and support grants awarded to Upstate Medical University's Breast Cancer Research Program.
REGISTER ONLINE NOW! *see directions below for online registration - note promo code is UPS to avoid administrative fees.
Join Team Upstate for the second annual "A Run for Their Life" - the only breast cancer run held in Syracuse whose proceeds go directly to Upstate Medical University.
The event includes a 5K walk and run through Thornden Park and a 15K run which will proceed through Thornden Park and down through the Connective Corridor to the Armory Square Area and Back to Manley Field house. Festivities include music, activities for the kids and refreshments. Team Upstate was the top team in 2011.
USAT&F certified. Professional Chip Timing by Leon Timing. Gun and net time .SYRATHON 2012
Sunday, October 13, 2013
7 am - event day registration (not necessary if you pre-registered online or turned in a completed paper registration to any Upstate Team Captain)
8:40 am - Team Upstate group photo at the Upstate tent
9 am - 15K run
9:10 am - 5K run
9:15 am - 5K walk
Events begin at Manley Field House, Syracuse University Campus
1301 E. Colvin St., Syracuse
Note - Manley Field House parking lots fill up early, so please allow enough time if you need to shuttle from Skytop!
Parking can be gained at the south east lot of Manley Field House located off Colvin Street or at the Skytop Parking area.
Buses will be running continuously from Skytop the morning of the event.
$30 All Pre-registrations
$15 K-12 Student/College Student
$35 Race Day Registration
receive a Team Upstate hat and Baldwin shirt!
How to Register for Team Upstate
- Register ONLINE *please follow instructions below
- Pick up a paper registration form from any Team Captain (listed below)
- Or, download REGISTRATION FORM -
- Give paper registration form to any Team Captain with payment by Oct. 4 (checks payable to Carol M. Baldwin Breast Cancer Research Fund)
- Stop at any on-site registrations:
- 9/26, 11:30 - 2 pm - UH 2nd floor lobby
- 9/28, 11:30 - 1:30 pm - Community campus cafeteria
Employees, students, their friends and families qualify for a Team Upstate hat - just register for the Upstate Medical University-Team Upstate team!
Continue to Fundraise! Team Upstate was the Baldwin Run's Top Team in 2011 - help us do it again in 2012!
Registration Packet Pick-up ("goodie bag" includes run/walk number and Baldwin t-shirt)
Please note - you are responsible for picking up your own packet, Team Upstate hats will be available in the Upstate tent on race day.
Friday, October xxxxxx
11 am - 7 pm
The Gem Diner
832 Spencer St., Syracuse
Saturday, October xxxxxx
10 am - 5:30 pm
Fleet Feet Sports
5800 Bridge St. East Syracuse
Sunday, October 14 (race day)
At the Baldwin registration tent
- Lual Adier, Environmental Services, 464-7346
- Cheryl Alger, Student Affairs, 464-8816
- Lisa Bane, Community General Campus, 492-5778
- Doreen Bishop, Nursing PICC, 464-6691
- Nickie Bullock, Nursing-PSS, 464-1963
- Lisa Direnzo, Clinical Data, 464-5152
- Tina Evans, Hematology/Oncology, 464-8233
- Veronica Farrell, Pharmacy, 464-4210
- Carrie Flewelling, Radiation/Oncology, 464-8218
- Zanette Howe, Marketing, 464-4263
- Shari Kelley, Hematology/Oncology BCP, 464-8216
- Sharon Klaiber, Nursing Administration, 464-6132
- Rose Lisano-Valentino, 464-6056
- Katherine Magnarelli, Pharmacology, 464-7949
- Laura Mcbreairty-Pete, University Cardiology, 464-9335
- Natalie Mulholland, Medicine, 464-5406
- Nancy Prott, President's Office, 464-4513
- Lorie Riedl, Foundation, 464-7854
- Laura Roman, Pharmacy, 464-4210
- Lisa Schirtz, Medicine, 464-9572
- Janice Sell, Surgery, 464-6276
- Michelle Strom, Medicine-Hill Bldg, 464-5798
- Linda Veit, Surgery-General, 464-6303
- Jamie Waterstripe, Nursing-8E-Coronary ICU, 464-4863
- June Wicker
- Rich Williams, Hematology/Oncology, 464-8218
- Colette Zerillo, Radiation/Oncology, 464-5945
- Lisa Vigliotti-Bane, CG Wound Care Center, 492-5778
- Marilyn O'Connor, CG Radiology, 492-5007
- Julia Paige, CG Clinical Scheduler, 492-5803
- Kristin Schofield, CG Volunteers, 492-5060
- Beth Sellers, CG Medical Affairs, 492-5551
- Christine Spiddle, CG Human Resources, 492-5944
Community General campus:
For more information
Instructions - *How to register online
- Click here to REGISTER ONLINE
- click “Register for this Event” (right-hand side of page)
- skip down to First Name field
- enter personal information (be sure to answer yes if you are a student to receive the student rate)
- in Team Name field, select “Upstate Medical University-Team Upstate”, continue
- enter t-shirt size and initial the waiver, continue
- you may skip this next page (unless you wish to enter an additional contribution), continue
- in promotional code field, enter UPS (to avoid admin fee), hit apply (note, student rate will adjust to less than $15 - that will qualify you as registered - also, disregard the prompt to enter your SU student ID number)
- enter credit card information, review payment, “process my payment” (you have just registered to participate in the run/walk, now you need to set up a fundraising page if you wish to do additional fundraising)
- click "Add another team member" if you wish to add family members or other team members and pay for them all on your credit card
- on the confirmation page, click “FUNDRAISE NOW”
- choose “Upstate Medical University-Team Upstate” (at bottom of page)
- click "join this team" (right-hand side of page)
- click “create account” (under arrow)
- enter your personal information again, click “create an account”
- enter a name for your fundraising team
- enter your goal
- click YES to “join this group Upstate Medical University-Team Upstate”, save
- Begin fundraising!
Please Note: To participate on race day you must register for the event, and then create your fundraising page, if you wish to continue fundraising. Making a donation does not automatically register you for the walk/run. Your registration fee DOES count towards your total fundraising, but will not show up on the fundraising page.
Syracuse, NY 13210
Main Campus Phone: