A Run For Their Life
To benefit the Carol M. Baldwin Breast Cancer Research Fund of CNY
and support grants awarded to Upstate Medical University's Breast Cancer Research Program
REGISTER ONLINE NOW! - directions below
Join Team Upstate for the annual "A Run for Their Life" - the only breast cancer run held in Syracuse whose proceeds go directly to Upstate Medical University.
The event includes a 5K walk and run through Thornden Park and a 15K run which will proceed through Thornden Park and down through the Connective Corridor to the Armory Square Area and Back to the Carmello Anthony Basketball Center. Festivities include music, activities for the kids and refreshments. Team Upstate was the top team in 2011 and 2013.
USAT&F certified. Professional Chip Timing. Gun and net time.
Sunday, October 26, 2014
7 am - 8:15 am - event day registration (not necessary if you pre-registered online or turned in a completed paper registration to any Upstate Team Captain)
8:45 am - Team Upstate group photo at the Upstate tent
9:10 am - 15K run, 5K run, 5K walk
Events begin at the Carmello K. Anthony Basketball Center, Syracuse University Campus
1301 E. Colvin St., Syracuse
Parking can be accessed at the Skytop Parking area.
Buses will be running continuously from Skytop the morning of the event.
$30 - All Upstate pre-registrations (online and paper reg), $40 on day of race
$15 - Students (K-12/College)
*Employees, students, their friends and families who register for any Upstate team (at the $30 or $15 student rate) qualify for a long-sleeved Team Upstate tech shirt and a Baldwin shirt!
New this year: 1.5K Victory Walk - $15 (does not qualify for Team Upstate shirt) - for persons who may want to contribute in raising fund, but who may not be able to run or walk a significant distance. This race is designed for participants who utilize wheel chair assistance. Mom’s with strollers or those that may want to walk less than a mile are also welcome.
How to Register for Team Upstate - and reserve your Team Upstate shirt
- Online - click here to REGISTER ONLINE
- click on ‘Register Here’ (you are on the Team Upstate page)
- click 'I agree' to Waiver/Agreement
- you may choose to "Start a Team', 'Join a Team', 'Join as an Individual', 'Register Multiple People', or 'Register Family'
- if you choose to start a team under Team Upstate, click on ‘New Team Under Group” and select Upstate Medical University from drop down menu and enter your ‘team name’ (ie: Cardiology, Pharmacy, etc) – goals are optional
- be sure to check the next box so your team is searchable – it says ‘Display icon in Team Listing notifying site visitors that you are looking for Team Members.
- hit continue
- on next screen – If you are completing this form for yourself and have participated in the past, click here to login and autofill this form.
- or you can create a username and password
- hit continue complete the registration process and you will receive a confirmation and opportunity to press 'CONTINUE' to login to your event headquarters, send emails and track your process.
- Pick up a paper registration form - from any Team Captain (listed below) or at on-site registrations:
- Community campus: Weds. 10/15, noon - 1 pm - cafeteria
- Downtown campus: Thurs. 10/16, noon - 1 pm - UH 2nd floor lobby
- Download REGISTRATION FORM and give to any Team Captain with payment by Oct. 1 to guarantee your Team Upstate shirt (checks payable to Carol M. Baldwin Breast Cancer Research Fund)
Shirt and Run Number Pick-up
Team Upstate shirts - you will be contacted by your team captain the week of 10/20
Baldwin shirts and run/walk numbers - you are responsible for picking these up on the following dates/locations:
Friday, October 24 and Saturday, October 25
11 am - 7 pm
The Gem Diner, 832 Spencer St., Syracuse
Sunday, October 26 (RACE DAY) - at the Baldwin registration tent
- Ahmed Adebola, Environmental Services, 464-6576
- Valerie Barta, Medicine Resident, 464-5240
- Doreen Bishop, Nursing PICC, 464-6691
- Donna Bruch, Foudation for Upstate, 464-4272
- Timothy Byrne, IMT-HIS, 464-9825
- Lisa Carroll, Cardiology, 464-9572
- Lisa Direnzo, Clinical Data, 464-5152
- Lauren Ellis, Social Work Services, 464-5918
- Veronica Farrell, Pharmacy, 464-4210
- Robin Grabowski, Foundation for Upstate, 464-5748
- Shayna Greene, CG-Health Information Mgmt, 492-5565
- Kerry Greene-Donnelly, CHP-Medical Imaging Sciences, 464-6928
- Kim Hanifin, Surgery, 464-5549
- Loretta Harris, Compliance Office, 464-4789
- Zanette Howe, Marketing, 464-4263
- Sharon Klaiber, Nursing Administration, 464-6132
- Rose Lisano-Valentino, Ambulatory Services Admin, 464-6073
- Katherine Magnarelli, Pharmacology, 464-7949
- Katherine Mahan, IMT-Clinical Data Services, 464-7783
- Alexandra McCarthy, Social Work Services, 464-5882
- Cindy Morris, Orthopedics, 464-8197
- Cintha Nichols, CG-Radiology RNs, 492-5526
- Allison Peacock, CG Emergency Department, 492-5479
- Nancy Prott, President's Office, 464-4513
- Laura Roman, Pharmacy, 464-4210
- Beth Sellers, CG Medical Affairs, 492-5551
- Christine Spiddle, Human Resources, 4644947
- Michelle Strom, CG Midwifery Clinic, 492-3615
- Linda Veit, Surgery-General, 464-6303
- Lisa Vigliotti-Bane, Health Ed & Sleep Center, 492-5778
- Jamie Waterstripe, Nursing-8E-Coronary ICU, 464-4863
- June Wicker
- Rich Williams, Hematology/Oncology, 464-8218
- Colette Zerillo, Radiation/Oncology, 464-5945
For more information
Continue to Fundraise! Team Upstate was the Baldwin Run's Top Team in 2011 and 2013 - help us do it again in 2014!
Syracuse, NY 13210
Main Campus Phone: